Classic Car Insurance in Minnesota
A classic car is just in a whole different class than your standard modern vehicle. Not only are well-maintained classic cars on another level when it comes to style and engine power, but they also have different insurance requirements. At Hoff's Insurance Specialists, we understand that your classic car means a lot to you and deserves the best treatment. That's why we offer classic car insurance to keep classic and vintage vehicles protected in Minnesota and beyond.
How Classic Car Insurance Differs from Regular Auto Insurance
You may be wondering why you can’t just get a regular car insurance policy on your classic vehicle. There are several reasons for this:
- Classic / vintage vehicles are generally worth more than other cars, thanks to the time, money and parts invested into them.
- Many auto repair businesses do not work on classic cars and/or have little experience with them. This can make it difficult to get accurate quotes upfront in the event of an accident.
- Classic cars are usually not driven nearly as much as regular cars, and so standard coverage rates and amounts are often not appropriate.
- Going along with the above, classic cars often are protected a lot more closely than other vehicles on their owner’s property and while being transported (especially considering Minnesota weather). They also may receive more regular, precision maintenance.
- Your classic car is worth more as it ages, as long as it is kept in good condition.
What is a ‘Classic’ Car?
In order to get a classic car insurance policy, you’ll have to make sure your car applies. You’ll most likely know if your vehicle is considered “classic” or “vintage” if you were able to register it in the Sauk Rapids, MN area as such. But just in case you need a refresher, here’s what qualifies as a classic car in Minnesota:
- An early pioneering design that’s from before 1936
- A vehicle from between 1925 and 1948
- A “street rod” built before 1949, or a post-1949 replica of this style
- “Collectors” vehicles that came out over 19 years ago
Have questions or want to learn more about the coverage options available to you? Give us a call or come stop by our Sauk Rapids, MN offices when you’re ready.